Thursday, June 29, 2017

June Update: Glad to be back






I haven't done much stitching, blog reading or blogging, since my last post. I'm slowly getting back to stitching, and am challenging myself to get this post out before the end of the month. Hope I get chance to read some blogs next time I off work. I will be using this post for 4 SALs, Gifted Gorgeousness, Christmas Ornament and WIPocalypse 2017, and Stitching Smlls.

Currently, I'm working on Painted Pony's, I Love to Cheer Angel for my DN. I've stitched over some of the original design elements in favor of my DN's gym colors. 

Painted Pony
I Love to Cheer Angel

All but the back stitching is done on my first Hands On Design, 12 Days Ornament. Hope to get that completed soon so that I can get on the next ornament. 
Hands On Design
12 Days

My DN graduated HS last month. I finished her graduation angel, just in the nick of time.  Well to be honest, it was very close to the wire. Yes fellow stitchers, I was attaching the twisted cord while waiting for the ceremony to start. But, praise be, I had it all done and ready for the family get together after graduation. She was very thrilled to receive it.
Painted Pony
Graduation Angel

Thanks for visiting,
Gwen

5 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your 12 Days piece looks great and the cheer angel is going to be so cute. Congrats on your neice's graduation and on finishing her wonderful angel in the nick of time! What a great idea for a graduate gift!

woolwoman said...

been wondering about you Gwen - I am always thinking oh no - another friend has quit blogging - glad it's not you too! Love the graduation angel for your DN. How pretty. I was attracted to those Hands on Design 12 Days but I have resisted. Hope you have a happy 4th - Mel

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great catch-up post. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. the graduation angel looks great, even with the last minute finish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps I have added you to the June link-up as you did post in June.

Mary's Thread said...

Those angels are cute! And I love the 12 days series!